My word: Always choose you...
Readers Lounge By
Yesterday was Valentine’s Day, it is our prayer and wish that you all had a great one. Our theme this year was self-love. Below is a list of 28 things we think every woman worth her love should have.
- A signature scent.
- The ability to discern when it’s right to walk away, and the strength to do it.
- A best friend or friends who know how to be proud, not jealous.
- The perfect shade of red lipstick.
- A bed that makes her feel like a princess when she goes to sleep at night.
- The confidence to dance like a maniac.
- A sparkling dress.
- The self-possessed wit to beat idiots at their own game.
- At least one thing that is hers and hers alone.
- Enough self-respect to let the bad ones go.
- The courage to chase a dream, even if others think it’s crazy.
- The humility to not judge other women on petty things.
- A mouth that will never call another woman bad words that we can’t print in this paper.
- A flattering full-length mirror in which to feel beautiful in front of, and for solo dance-karaoke sessions late at night.
- A signature drink, and a James Bond-like fussiness over how it is made.
- Strong eyebrow game.
- At least one lingerie set that makes her feel like a pin-up sex goddess.
- A ride or die attitude towards the sisterhood.
- A deep, unwavering love for her body, no matter what she thinks it looks like to others.
- The ability to swing a punch.
- The fearlessness to face life as she sees fit.
- A go-to karaoke song.
- At least one recipe that she can make perfectly.
- Enough comfort with herself that she can go to the movies or to dinner alone.
- A local nail salon for the easiest pick-me-up on earth.
- A well-stamped passport.
- A bottomless handbag.
- Great shoes