ALSO READ: Ingredient of the week: Garlic salt
Chicken can be cooked in a variety of ways. Though not as popular, chicken patties are easy to prepare, very tasty and healthier than regular patties.
Boneless chicken, minced – Sh. 300
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 medium onion, grated
1 egg, beaten
4 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ tablespoon Royco
1 tablespoon wheat flour
Salt to taste
ALSO READ: Ingredient of the week: Vegetable broth
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, mix minced chicken, breadcrumbs, onions, dhania, garlic, salt, black pepper, Royco, wheat flour and egg.
3. Take a tablespoonful of the chicken mixture and roll into a ball. On a surface that you’ve dusted with flour, place the ball and flatten with your palm.
4. In a shallow frying non-stick pan, put a little oil and allow to heat. Once hot, place the patties allowing them to cook for about five minutes per side.
5. Alternatively, lightly oil an oven tray to prevent the meat patties from sticking. Place the meat patties on the tray and put in the oven. Flip them to ensure both sides are cooked.
6. Once cooked, remove the patties and place on the side to drain out excess oil.
Serve in buns as a burger or accompanied with rice, vegetables and homemade gravy.