Celebrities around the world have embraced the beret trend and made it their own ever since Beyoncé brought it back with a bang on her Formation performance at Superbowl. The influences have trickled down from the international fashion streets to the Kenyan ones.
Media personalities such as Amina, Tracy Wanjiru, Talia Oyando among others are doing a decent job showing the rest of us how to wear it well. The good thing about berets is there is no right or wrong way to wear it because in fashion nobody will take to mean that you are declaring your political affiliation. Just don it how you like.
Here are some of the key reasons why you should have a beret in your closet:
1. As a highlight street element in your ensemble. If you have already mastered the art of street style and how to put outfits together to give you a little more than the next person, then this suits you right.
2. Update your basics; you might be in the mood to wear a t-shirt and jeans but you definitely don’t want to look so very basic. That’s when you throw on a beret.
3. Add a beret in the same colour scheme as your top or pants to stand out among everyday ensembles.
4. An extra accessory never cramped anyone’s style hence the need to add a beret even if you are in a dress. Top it with anything casual, whether girlish or boyish, and you are good to go.
5. Masking a bad hair day is the bonus reason why you should own a beret, the roots of your hair could look filthy but the edges are alright. It can save the day until you get time to fix the hair.
ALSO READ: Five ways to detox your closet