Ideas explaining ageing abound. One view is that ageing results from wearing out; another is that ageing is programmed. Here are some tips on how to halt the process.
ALSO READ: DIY equipment for exercising at home
1. Avoid sugar and processed foods. There is a strong connection between your diet and the health of your skin, and this becomes more pronounced as we get older. As the largest body organ, the skin needs the right nutrition to stay young and healthy. Antioxidants, available from fruits and vegetables, are particularly important for healthy skin. While sugar and processed foods accelerate ageing, you can reverse this by consuming bone broth regularly. Bone broth is full of collagen which is important for skin health.
2. Moisturize your skin. Moisturizer protects the skin from environmental factors such as the sun, wind, and air conditioning. Even if you have oily skin or breakouts, you can use a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer every day. Healthy skin is soft, supple and contains moisture. Avoid soaps and cleansers that are drying as these can damage the skin. After the age of 30, introduce a serum to your beauty routine. Apply it on slightly damp skin before your moisturizer.
3. Sun protection. The sun can be damaging to your skin even when you are indoors. According to experts, you should apply sunblock with SPF 30 or higher. Most skin changes associated with aging are attributed to sun damage. The amount of wrinkles that develop, and how prominent they are, are largely dependent on a person's lifetime sun exposure.
4. Stop smoking and avoid excessive alcohol. Wrinkles occur sooner and run deeper in people who smoke.
5. Exercise regularly. Exercising helps your skin by increasing blood flow which helps nourish skin cells and keep them vital. Sweating also flushes out dirt from your skin. Regular exercise helps tone muscles, which help you look better overall. Exercise also eases stress which improves the general appearance of your skin. Keep the glow going by not smoking, eating well, exercising regularly, finding ways to de-stress and protecting your skin while out in the sun.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Eve Digital Telegram channel HERE.