11 students arrested after private school dormitory burns
By Antony Gitonga
| December 6th 2021
Police have arrested 11 students of Naivasha Boys Secondary School, following a fire that destroyed property worth millions of shillings.
The boys were arrested hours after a dormitory and personal effects of over 60 students were destroyed in a fire that broke out last night.
The dormitory in the private school located in Maryland Estate caught fire at around 8pm when the students were in class for their evening studies.
Jared Kuria, who lives near the school, said lack of water and strong winds affected efforts to contain the fire or rescue students’ personal effects.
Naivasha Deputy County Commissioner Mutua Kisilu said no one was injured and initial investigations pointed to arson.
“Police have taken over the issue,” he said.
State seeks to turn suspect to witness in murder case of Catholic priestMutunga was sentenced to serve 30 years in jail after admitting that he killed the priest allegedly over a homosexual relationship that went awry.
Kenya's ardent football fan Isaac Juma hacked to death
- NHIF patients won’t get services at private hospitals starting Monday
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Bizarre tale of woman in homicide-suicide saga who lived double life
- Where is Felista Nyamathira? Mystery of millionaire student's whereabouts
By Paul Ogemba
- Isaac Juma said his life was in danger
- Mudavadi: OKA principals demanded I give them NDC guest list in advance