Man arrested stark naked, appears in court in policewoman’s clothes
By Yvonne Chepkwony | April 16th 2021
A 40-year-old man accused of attempted rape has been arraigned in a Baringo court dressed in the clothing he allegedly stole from a policewoman based at Kabartonjo Police Lines.
Vincent Kibet was charged at Kabarnet Law Courts with rape and burglary - both against officer Mercy Chebunyei.
The court heard that the ex-convict was arrested on the night of April 14 while attempting to break into the home of Chebunyei stark naked.
According to the prosecution, Kibet stole the clothes he wore in court; a blouse, leggings and a skirt, all worth Sh1,000.
Kibet denied the charges before Resident Magistrate Vienna Amboko.
He was freed on a Sh20,000 bond with a surety of a similar amount, and an alternative cash bail of Sh10,000.
The case will be mentioned on May 11.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Family, church mourn family of five killed in car accident
- Police arrest five terror suspects in Kisumu
By Lucas Barasa
- IG orders probe into sexual harassment claim after female cop's viral clip
- In Luanda, men sell drugs in broad daylight under the guise of madness
- The track god who was felled by the weight of his stardom
- Is Orengo charting his path away from Raila?
By Kamau Ngotho