Manhunt for suspects who escaped from Kabarnet Police Station
By Joseph Kipsang | February 9th 2017
Police in Kabarnet are looking for four suspects who escaped from police custody on Wednesday night.
The suspects have been identified by police as Kipruto Kibet, Erastus Kiplimo, Andrew Koech, and Zakayo Kimuge. They were facing charges of murder, cattle theft and touting.
According to the Baringo County police coordinator Peter Ndung'u, the four suspects escaped from police cells when the town was plunged into darkness after a power blackout hit Kabarnet town.
Ndungu said preliminary investigations shows the suspects escaped through a small hole in one of the cells at the Kabarnet police station.
“We do not want to speculate that the police officers on duty slept on their jobs but let us carry out the investigations first," he said.
He said police are conducting investigations into the incident and called on public to help trace the four who come from neighboring area.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession