Emirates to cut 9,000 jobs
By BBC | July 13th 2020
The president of Emirates said the Middle Eastern airline is set to cut as many as 9,000 jobs because of the coronavirus pandemic.
It is the first time the world’s biggest long-haul carrier has disclosed how many jobs will be lost.
Prior to the crisis, Emirates had 60,000 staff.
The global airline industry has been severely impacted by coronavirus, with activity all but grinding to a halt.
Covid 19 Time Series
High costs of cooking oil, fuel and power make life unbearable
- Local cement firms eye own clinker production to cut costs
- Extension of Sh3.5b meter-gauge railway line complete
- How healthy living has turned ginger into a goldmine for farmers
MONEY & MARKET
- State boosts local vehicle assembler with military deal
- Cost saving tactics to survive harsh economic times
By Peter Theuri