Four companies partner to launch Sh435m solar water desalination project in Kenya
By Standard Correspondent | March 2nd 2020
Arid and semi-arid areas are set to benefit from clean water after four companies partnered to launch a water desalination project worth Sh435 million.
The Germany-based firms Boreal Light GmbH and AtmosfairegGmbH will work with Water Kiosk Ltd and Bilal Sustainable Development Programme to construct 40 solar water desalination systems in 10 counties facing water shortage.
Boreal Light GmbH CEO Beheshti said this was the single biggest solar water desalination project in East Africa.
Tanzanian cities of Arusha, Tanga and Dodoma will also benefit from the water desalination project.
Uhuru allies play safe after surprise BBI judgement
- Wasted in jail, confused in freedom
- Why Covid-19 fourth wave will be lethal
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- What you need to know about the Juja by-election
- Ruto, Raila and Matiang’i lock horns in Bonchari by-election
- Quick facts on the Bonchari by-election