Ethiopian Airlines to build new Sh505b airport
By Reuters | January 17th 2020
Ethiopian Airlines will start constructing a new $5 billion (Sh505 billion) airport later this year, its chief executive officer was quoted as saying yesterday, as the rapidly-expanding carrier outgrows capacity at its current base in Addis Ababa.
The airport, which will cover an area of 35 square kilometres, will be built in Bishoftu, a town 39km south-east of the capital, and have the capacity to handle 100 million passengers a year, the state-run Ethiopian News Agency quoted Tewolde Gebremariam (pictured) as saying.
Where is my kidney?
- President and Raila ‘joined at the hip despite misgivings’
- JSC allows Mugenda to chair panel to pick next Chief Justice amid protests
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- Cost of living pushes Kenyans to shop in Uganda
- How KBC staffer’s killing occurred
By Brian Okoth