Two die in hospital after eating 'poisonous githeri'

Two people have died of suspected food poisoning in Baringo.

The two were among 17 people admitted at Kabarnet Hospital.

Baringo County Health execuive Mary Panga confirmed the deaths.

The two allegedly died last night while receiving treatment.

The 17 allegedly ate githeri on Friday at  around 3PM. They were working in a farm in Marigat.

Some of the patients who are still critical are under emergency care in the Intensive Care Unit.

For More of This and Other Stories, Grab Your Copy of the Standard Newspaper.  

Baringo County Commissioner Henry Wafula said samples of the food have been taken to the government chemist for further tests.

Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Standard Digital Telegram channel HERE.

Get the latest summary of news in your email every morning. Subscribe below

* indicates required
food poisoningKabarnet HospitalBaringo County