Al-Shabaab attacks Somali military training base with car bomb
| August 22nd 2015
MOGADISHU: A suicide car bomb rammed into a Somali military training base in the southern port city of Kismayu on Saturday, the militant group, al Shabaab, and local residents said.
"We heard a huge blast from the military training camp in Kismayu and then gunfire followed," Hussein Nur, a shopkeeper in the city, told Reuters by phone.
Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab, al Shabaab's spokesman for military operations, said the group was behind the car bomb and claimed there were several casualties.
Police and government officials were not immediately available for a comment.
LSK drafts code of conduct ahead of electionsThe Law Society of Kenya (LSK) has appointed a Committee to come up with an Elections Code of Conduct ahead of its polls early next year.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Mystery of body of Embu-based DCI officer found 400km away near Iten
- Former LinkedIn boss found dead in Nairobi hotel
- Governor Kibwana: I disown my deputy for joining DP Ruto’s camp
- Governor Rasanga pulls out of parliamentary race
- Why I ditched Ruto for Raila, reveals MP Pkosing
- President Kenyatta condoles with family of former Speaker Kenneth Marende