Saiwa Swamp National Park at a glance
• It is located in Trans Nzoia District, 385 kilometres South-West of Nairobi and 27 kilometres from Kitale.
• Gazetted in 1974, the park is about three square kilometres and offers excellent walking opportunities for nature lovers with a bias in ornithology and botany.
• The park is the ideal habitat to the Sitatunga, de brazza monkey, vervet monkeys and black and white colobus monkey as well as 327 bird species.
• The park is accessible all year round even with 2WD cars.
• Accommodation options in the park include a public campsite and the Tree House Banda managed by the park authorities. Outside the park is the Sirikwa Guest House and campsite. Other accommodation options are to be found in Kitale town.
• Activities in the park include game walks, bird watching, camping, picnicking, nature walks and tree walks.
Travelling during the cold weatherTravelling for vacations during the cold and rainy weather may not always sound like a great idea but you can still enjoy your trip if you take a few precautions and plan well. Some people actually thrive on this kind of weather. Here are a few tips on how you can enjoy an outing or vacation even under the harshest of conditions.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Lamu Senator in gun drama, woman hurt
- Lawyers speak on Sonko’s chance after Kananu ruling
- ‘Forces of doom’ keen to scuttle our plans, say Kalonzo and Mudavadi
By Oscar Obonyo
- Beware! Curfew or no curfew
- Revealed: Counties with highest varsity students
- DP Ruto asks Museveni to release Kenyan lorries