Two die after lorry plunges into River Kipkaren
By Benard Lusigi | April 6th 2021
Two people died this evening after a lorry ferrying sugarcane plunged into River Kipkaren in Lugari Sub-county, Kakamega county.
Lugari Sub-county police commander Bernard Ngungu said both the driver and co-driver of the ill-fated Busia bound lorry lost their lives.
The police boss explained that the driver lost control of the Lorry as he approached the River Kipkaren bridge, rammed some vehicles before the vehicle veered off and plunged into the river.
Residents could only manage to rescue the co-driver who died on the way to Lumakanda Sub-county hospital.
The driver died on the spot and residents trying to rescue him were forced to use axes to get the body out of the wreckage.
The lorry was transporting sugarcane from Murgus in Uasin Gishu to Busibwabo in Busia County.
Trouble in Uhuru's 'bedroom' as allies switch camps
- The 5 things Kirubi said I must enjoy in life: Igathe
By Brian Okoth
- Military chopper crashes in Kajiado, goes up in flames
- County finally gets access to DP's property to desilt Grogan canal
- Thika Road horror: Wife recounts last moments with motorist killed in bullet spray
- Court of Appeal constitutes seven-judge bench for BBI appeal cases