COVID-19: Kenya records highest number of daily infections as 960 test positive
By Fay Ngina | July 26th 2020
recorded 960 COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, making it the highest number
of daily infections since the first case was reported in March.
number of cases in the country now stands at 17,603.
Out of the
960 new cases, Nairobi county recorded 510, followed by Kajiado (102), Kiambu
(100), Machakos (58), Mombasa (48), Busia (21), Garissa (17), Uasin Gishu (15),
Kisumu (14), Nakuru (12) and Narok (10).
statement by the Ministry of Health on Sunday, the infections were recorded
after testing a total of 8,261 samples.
statement also stated that 169 patients have recovered, bringing the total
number of recoveries to 7,743. Out of the 169, 83 of them were discharged from
hospitals while 86 were under home-based care.
however, succumbed to the disease, raising the number of fatalities to 280.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Covid 19 Time Series
I scored B+ thanks to a stranger I met on Facebook
- Raila meets Orengo, Otiende to forestall rebellion in ODM
- Students aged 16 and below post excellent 2020 KCSE results
- Samuel Wanjiru: Two women’s account on the death of a man they loved
- Police arrest five terror suspects in Kisumu
By Lucas Barasa
- KDF officers arrested for assaulting cops enforcing curfew rules