Varsity closed indefinitely following student unrest
By Titus Oteba
| March 17th 2016
Kibabii University has been closed indefinitely following a students’ strike.
Students were also ordered out of the institution on Tuesday evening by the following continued disruption of lectures by various groups of students campaigning for various positions in the students’ governing council.
Vice Chancellor Isaac Odeo said the university senate received a report during their special meeting on Monday that there was a planned fight if a certain student leader would not win.
“We did not want to see students fighting and that is why we have decided to suspend the university programme and send students home until further notice,” read a letter written by Prof Odeo.
‘The brother I know couldn’t have killed his children’, woman says
- How Aden Duale forced 8 per cent VAT pill down MPs’ throats
By Nzau Musau
- Road that has been an election pledge since 1979 almost complete
- Mololine matatu founder who rose from a tout to a millionaire
- ‘It’s untrue Nakuru doctor’s wife wanted to fly abroad and leave family behind’
By Brian Okoth
- Teachers to wait longer as TSC seals hopes of salary increment