Access to finance biggest barrier to women's entry into business
According to a study commissioned by the Graça Machel Trust (GMT), 71 per cent of women entrepreneurs in East Africa finance their start-ups from their own savings because they have no access to capital.
By James Wanzala | 4 years ago
Empowering our women to prosperity
Last September, world leaders adopted the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, which seek to eradicate extreme poverty by 2030, while curbing social and economic inequalities and making economies environmentally sustainable.
Jeremy Awori and Arancha Gonzalez | 4 years ago
Obama announces Sh100 billion support for entrepreneurship worldwide
President Barack Obama and President Uhuru Kenyatta opened the 6th annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), co-hosted by the United States and the Government of Kenya in Gigiri and announced a Sh100billion kitty to promote entrepreneurship in Africa.
David Ohito | 5 years ago
Family, church mourn family of five killed in car accident
- IG orders probe into sexual harassment claim after female cop's viral clip
- Police arrest five terror suspects in Kisumu
By Lucas Barasa
- KDF officers arrested for assaulting cops enforcing curfew rules
- Kaizen: The Japanese business philosophy taking root in Kenyan firms
MONEY & CAREERS
- 'Political enemies using Otiende’s removal to cause division in ODM'
By James Omoro