Coronavirus: Victor Wanyama donates sanitisers
The Victor Wanyama Foundation in partnership with Kenya Red Cross, Africa Yoga Project and the Gina Din Foundation have donated sanitising kits and foodstuff to over two hundred families in Mathare, Nairobi.
The donations were coordinated from the Billian Centre, and Cynthia Wanyama, the foundation's CEO, says they intend to reach out to more families in informal settlements.
“We were overwhelmed as numbers kept trickling in but we are glad to have played our part. This will go a long way in ensuring the 200 families in Mathare observe hygiene during this period that everyone is fighting coronavirus,” Cynthia said on Friday.
The Harambee Stars captain who recently moved to Canadian side Impact Monreal has also urged Kenyans to follow the set guidelines by the government to try and stop the spread of the deadly virus.
“It’s very important to listen to what the health experts are saying over this issue. Let’s wash our hands regularly,” Wanyama said.
- Ronaldo names Messi as favourite player to watchFootball 1 day ago
- FKF polls: Football players want a quick resolution to poll crisis and credible exerciseFootball 1 hour ago
- Liverpool’s training return a massive lift for KloppFootball 1 day ago
- MLS players send new restart proposal to leagueFootball 2 days ago
- Chelsea stars take the knee as Premier League stars lead way on Blackout TuesdayFootball 7 hours ago
- Fans could return for 20-21 season, says Premier League chiefFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Stars dust spikes in readiness for epic race on June 11Athletics 1 hour ago