Jebitok and Zena to light up junior women cross country event
Edinah Jebitok and Zena Chemutai will lead under-20 women duel at the Athletics Kenya National cross country championships set for Saturday at Ngong Racecourse, Nairobi.
Jebitok, the 2017 world under-18 1500m silver medallist and her training mate Zena are some of the top names in the women’s contest. Both Zena and Jebitok will represent South Rift.
Other runners to look out for in the women’s category will be Winnie Kimutai, Diana Kipserem and Mercy Cherop all from North Rift.
Central Rift will be represented by Agnes Jebet, Beatrice Kandie, Josephine wanjiku, Janckiline Kangori and Mercy Jepkoech.
The women’s race will also witness strong representation from Nairobi who have entered Triza Cherotich, Ann Naasisho, Mercy Chepkorir and Sheila Cherotich.
“I’m looking forward to run at the national trials with the aim of qualifying for the Africa cross country championships. From there, I will embark on the World under-20 trials. I will be grateful to be part of both teams,” said Londiani-based Cherotich.
Esther Wambui, Margaret Akidor and Caroline Kariba will be in the Central Region’s women under-20 squad.
The battle for under-20 8 km men’s race will be between Central Rift, North Rift, South Rift and Southern Region.
Shadrack Kipchirchir, Gideon Rono and Emmanuel Kiplagat will carry the Central Rift’s flag alongside Emmanuel Kiplagat.
North Rift will also be in contention.
- Beach Volleyball: Coach Mulinge drops twoVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Karen leg of Safari Tour attracts record fieldGolf 2 days ago
- Top guns who crossed the seas, fell in love through athletics [PHOTOS]Athletics 2 days ago
- Allegri puts Man United on red alert with plan to return to dugout in SeptemberPremier League 2 days ago
- Kobe Bryant mourners visit wrong gravesite as mystery surrounds final resting placeBasketball 2 days ago
- Wilder, Fury bulk up for heavyweight showdownBoxing 2 days ago
- Neymar ‘eyeing PSG extension’ despite Barca linkGossip & Rumours 2 days ago