Handball: Kericho emerge tops in county tournament
Kericho County won the inaugural handball championships at Kericho Teachers Training College.
They narrowly beat fancied Kabianga University 15-14 to lift the title. Leonard Terer, who scored 12 goals, and a man-of-the-match display by Magerer Langat, led Kericho to victory.
Kabianga replied through Allan Kipkoech, who scored 15 goals.
On their way to the final, Kericho County dismissed Siret 18-10 while Kabianga University overcame Bureti 11-9 in the second semifinal.
In the ladies’ championships, which was played on a round-robin basis, Kibingei from Belgut won the title with a total 10 points from five rounds of matches in the six-team competition.
On their way to victory, Kibingei dismissed Chepchabas 11-2, drubbed Sitian 14-8, hammered Kericho County Women Team 19-4, defeated Rift Valley Institute of Science Technology 18-6 before ending their emphatic win with a 16-1 victory against Kericho Teachers Training College.
Chepchabas from Bomet County finished second with eight points, while Sitian Girls from Kericho County were third with six points. Kericho Women County team were fourth with two points respectively.
In the juniors final, the 2018 national handball champions Saniak High School from Nandi dismissed Tilowa from Kuresoi 16-6.
Ndonyo Secondary from Kisii County was declared the most disciplined team.
- Harambee Starlets players shine abroad despite struggles at homeFootball 1 day ago
- Champions League ban: Shock as three top players linked with Man City exitFootball 2 days ago
- Manchester United's Maguire should have seen red, says LampardPremier League 1 day ago
- UEFA Champions Leagues round of 16 preview by ChezaCashFootball 1 day ago
- He belongs to Man United – Solskjaer’s stern warning to Pogba’s agent RaiolaGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Universities: Champions Zetech maintain good runFootball 2 days ago
- First openly gay British football player Fashanu makes Hall of FameFootball 13 hours ago