All you need to know about Kaizer Chief's new Kenyan boy Akumu [PHOTOS]
Kenyan international Anthony ‘Teddy’ Akumu Agay signed a three-and-half year deal with South African side Kaizer Chiefs last week to become one of the biggest talents the national team has produced.
The Harambee Stars midfielder joined the Glamour Boys from Zambian club Zesco United on a €100k (Ksh. 11.2 million) contract.
He has also joined the list of Kenyan players with big market value, his currently at €100k as per Nov 24, 2016
Chiefs confirmed the signing of Akumu making him the first Kenyan international to sign for the club.
The Glamour Boys, under German tactician Ernst Middendorp are currently on top of the ABSA Premiership table with 42 points after 18 games, winning 13 and losing only two.
Akumu previously played for perennial Kenya Premier League (KPL) champions Gor Mahia, Sudanese side Al Khartoum and Zambian giants Zesco.
Akumu who played 18 games for K’ogalo became the first Kenyan international to sign for the club.
The 27-year-old has been termed as the most consistent player in Kenyan football who didn’t feature in AFCON 2019.
Akumu who was pivotal for Zesco during the CAF Confederations Cup game against Kaizer Chiefs was dropped out of the 23-man squad that represented Stars in Cairo, Egypt.
The Harambee star defensive midfielder, signed under Bode Football Management (BFM), became the fifth Kenyan to play in the South African top-flight league (PSL) after Musa Otieno, Brian Mandela, Alli Abondo and Clifton Miheso.
- Van Dijk: Atletico were lucky to beat LiverpoolFootball 1 day ago
- Group of Man United fans banned by Chelsea over homophobic chantsPremier League 1 day ago
- Federer has knee surgery, will miss French OpenTennis 17 hours ago
- Former Rugby star and three children die in car fire tragedyRugby 2 days ago
- Tottenham injury woes: Son Heung-Min to undergo surgeryFootball 2 days ago
- Why it is important for players to follow rules and respect othersGolf 1 hour ago
- Former FIFA boss charged in SwitzerlandFootball 19 hours ago