PSG superstar linked with shock move to Manchester United
Edinson Cavani has been left out of PSG’s squad to face Monaco in Ligue 1 tomorrow.
The Uruguayan striker has been linked with a move to the likes of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid, and he appears to have played his last game for the French champions.
His contract is set to expire in the summer, but the 32-year-old could make a move this month.
PSG are fully aware of the striker's desire to seek pastures new but the French giants are reluctant to part ways with him in this January transfer window.
And L'Equipe, via RMC Sport , has claimed that PSG are determined to keep hold of him until the summer, despite being aware of the strong interest from their European rivals.
It was recently claimed that United and Chelsea are exploring the possibility of signing Cavani from PSG.
Atletico Madrid look to be in pole position to sign the striker having already tabled a pre-contract agreement.
Cavani is keen to join up with Diego Simeone in the Spanish capital, but the deal remains unsigned at this stage.
That has alerted the Premier League duo, according to L'Equipe , who are hopeful of swooping in at the eleventh hour to seal the services of a striker who has scored 198 goals for the French champions.
United have made initial contact and will make an offer if they believe Champions League football is a realistic goal for next season.
They remain in the hunt and have made no secret of their desire to add a forward in January having allowed Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez to leave in the summer.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer missed out on Erling Haaland and is now looking at alternatives as he looks to bolster his strike force with Timo Werner also rumoured to be on his radar.
- Kiplagat promises song and dance on her comebackAthletics 2 days ago
- How Kakamega boy Okombe is living his dream in ItalyHockey 2 days ago
- Top football club doctor dies after contracting coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- Did virus scrap your marathon? In Japan, there's an app for thatAthletics 2 days ago
- Fiji Rugby players, staff take 40 per cent paycut in response to coronavirusRugby 2 days ago
- Man City's Walker faces disciplinary action for breaking lockdown rulesFootball 2 days ago
- Serie A season could run to October - Italian FA bossFootball 2 days ago