Schools: Stage set for Nakuru County games
A total of 25 schools have confirmed participation in the inaugural Nakuru Open County Schools Championships set for this weekend at Nakuru High School.
The schools, which are drawn in and outside Nakuru County include national volleyball champions St Joseph’s Kirandich, Moi Kabartonjo, Anestar School, Kunyak, Coulson Boys, Elburgon DEB, Menengai High, Nakuru Day and Moi High School-Kabarak.
Others are Bahati Boys, Koelel, JM Kariuki, Njoro Boys, Baringo High, Kabimoi, Moi Secondary, Uhuru Kabiyet, Mema Secondary, Nakuru Boys, Nakuru Girls, Kelelwet and Tumaini, among others.
The tournament is meant to prepare them for the forthcoming Inter-zonal schools championships, which kicks-off the annual schools calendar of events.
Tournament coordinator Duncan Macharia said they’ll compete in the indoor and outdoor disciplines with the ballgames taking the centre stage among perennial rivals in different disciplines.
“We have come up with the event to assist these institutions get adequate preparations for the Inter Schools Championships that kick-off in the next fortnight,” Macharia told Standard Sports.
- Anthony Joshua salutes ‘gladiators’ Wilder and Fury, leaves world guessing what’s nextBoxing 11 hours ago
- Bayern Munich players spotted in bar night before thumping Chelsea 3-0Football 5 hours ago
- Arteta hopes to convince Aubameyang to stay at ArsenalPremier League 2 days ago
- Five biggest mistakes Barcelona made with Coutinho transfer [PHOTOS]Football 1 day ago
- Neymar sent off as shaky PSG beat BordeauxFootball 2 days ago
- Volleyball: Captain Kasisi eyes Olympic Games slotVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Antoine Griezmann goal rescues Barcelona at NapoliFootball 21 hours ago