Schools: Stage set for Nakuru County games
A total of 25 schools have confirmed participation in the inaugural Nakuru Open County Schools Championships set for this weekend at Nakuru High School.
The schools, which are drawn in and outside Nakuru County include national volleyball champions St Joseph’s Kirandich, Moi Kabartonjo, Anestar School, Kunyak, Coulson Boys, Elburgon DEB, Menengai High, Nakuru Day and Moi High School-Kabarak.
Others are Bahati Boys, Koelel, JM Kariuki, Njoro Boys, Baringo High, Kabimoi, Moi Secondary, Uhuru Kabiyet, Mema Secondary, Nakuru Boys, Nakuru Girls, Kelelwet and Tumaini, among others.
The tournament is meant to prepare them for the forthcoming Inter-zonal schools championships, which kicks-off the annual schools calendar of events.
Tournament coordinator Duncan Macharia said they’ll compete in the indoor and outdoor disciplines with the ballgames taking the centre stage among perennial rivals in different disciplines.
“We have come up with the event to assist these institutions get adequate preparations for the Inter Schools Championships that kick-off in the next fortnight,” Macharia told Standard Sports.
- What awaits Sports PS Okudo following Uhuru Kenyatta’s Cabinet reshuffleSports 2 days ago
- Picking Tokyo team leaves Athletics Kenya bosses with sleepless nightsAthletics 2 days ago
- Bandari set sights on Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Cup defenceFootball 2 days ago
- Marita eyes league title after scoring on Tusker debutFootball 2 days ago
- Sportsman living with disability: Mutai, Mushai face-off in this year's Soya galaAthletics 2 days ago
- Why Kamworor will skip Africa cross country Athletics 2 days ago
- Billionaire who sold his Arsenal stake to Gunners’ owner secures naming rights to new Everton stadiumFootball 2 days ago