Rugby: Kabras Sugar confident of signing Okoth
Kenya Cup League leaders Kabras Sugar are confident of signing Nakuru RFC fly half Walter Okoth after the Oginga Odinga Road based club raised an objection that the sugar millers did not follow the due process of acquiring the player.
Kabras Sugar chairman Philip Jalang’o confirmed the new development saying they had tabled Sh 50,000 for acquisition of the player since he was not contracted as per Kenya Rugby Union regulations.
“At the end of the day, we’ll have him playing for us in our next match,” Jalang’o told Standard Sports in a post-match interview after they defeated Nakuru RFC 38-0 in a Kenya Cup League match.
Kabras Sugar hosts Kenya Harlequins in Kakamega on Saturday.
- What awaits Sports PS Okudo following Uhuru Kenyatta’s Cabinet reshuffleSports 2 days ago
- Picking Tokyo team leaves Athletics Kenya bosses with sleepless nightsAthletics 2 days ago
- Bandari set sights on Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Cup defenceFootball 2 days ago
- Marita eyes league title after scoring on Tusker debutFootball 2 days ago
- Sportsman living with disability: Mutai, Mushai face-off in this year's Soya galaAthletics 2 days ago
- Why Kamworor will skip Africa cross country Athletics 2 days ago
- Billionaire who sold his Arsenal stake to Gunners’ owner secures naming rights to new Everton stadiumFootball 2 days ago