Rugby: Kabras Sugar confident of signing Okoth
Kenya Cup League leaders Kabras Sugar are confident of signing Nakuru RFC fly half Walter Okoth after the Oginga Odinga Road based club raised an objection that the sugar millers did not follow the due process of acquiring the player.
Kabras Sugar chairman Philip Jalang’o confirmed the new development saying they had tabled Sh 50,000 for acquisition of the player since he was not contracted as per Kenya Rugby Union regulations.
“At the end of the day, we’ll have him playing for us in our next match,” Jalang’o told Standard Sports in a post-match interview after they defeated Nakuru RFC 38-0 in a Kenya Cup League match.
Kabras Sugar hosts Kenya Harlequins in Kakamega on Saturday.
- Antoine Griezmann goal rescues Barcelona at NapoliFootball 20 hours ago
- Ighalo kicked off university pitch after students fail to recognise himGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Deontay Wilder says his huge ring walk costume contributed to his defeatBoxing 1 day ago
- UEFA Champions League preview by ChezaCashFootball 2 days ago
- CAF bars Zimbabwe from hosting international matchesFootball 4 hours ago
- Athletics: Chumba eyes glory in TokyoAthletics 21 hours ago
- NSL: Bidco, Stima win in chase for KPL promotionFootball 1 day ago