Homeboyz down Gor Mahia as Tusker leave Bandari tipsy
Kakamega Homeboyz shocked defending champions Gor Mahia 2-1 in their Kenyan Premier League match at Bukhungu Stadium yesterday to consolidate their second spot in the standings.
Allan Wanga gave the hosts the lead in the 21st minute before Nicholas Kipkirui equalised for a 1-1 parity at the break.
Stephen Etiang’s second-half goal sealed Homeboyz’s 11th win of the season as Nicholas Muyoti’s charges remained second in the table with 36 points, four more than Gor who slipped to fourth.
Meanwhile, Hashim Sempala and Brian Marita scored late goals as Tusker came from a goal down to edge out Bandari 2-1 at Mbaraki Stadium, in Mombasa.
In Machakos, John Makwatta scored twice as AFC Leopards returned to winning ways with a 2-0 victory against Wazito at the Kenyatta Stadium.
The win saw Leopards bring their season tally to 28 points but remain seventh after KCB won at struggling Chemelil Sugar.
Leopards had a promising start and they were rewarded after Austin Ochieng picked out John Makwatta with a defense-splitting pass before the league’s top scorer sent the ball into the roof of the Wazito net for his 11th goal of the campaign.
At the same time, Sofapaka thrashed Nzoia Sugar 4-1 and Posta Rangers defeated Kisumu All Stars 2-0 at Moi Stadium, in Kisumu, while KCB edged out Chemelil Sugar 3-0.
AFC Leopards beat Wazito 2-0 as Ulinzi Stars staged a second half comeback to edge out Western Stima 3-2 in Nakuru.
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- World champion Joshua in self-isolation after meeting Prince CharlesBoxing 2 days ago
- Fallen champions Friends School Kamusinga promise to rise againHockey 2 days ago
- Why Injera believes future of Kenya's Sevens rugby is safeRugby 2 days ago
- Arsenal and Manchester United players unite to help fight CoronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League stars expecting to take a pay cut amid Coronavirus pandemicFootball 2 days ago
- International Cricket Council postpones World Cup qualifiers due to Covid-19Cricket 2 days ago