Athlete Njiru dies in road accident [PHOTOS]
Kenya’s athletics fraternity is in mourning following the death of Kenneth Njiru, who died on Tuesday following an accident along Nyeri-Nyahururu road.
Njiri, a steeplechase specialist, was driving towards Nyahururu town when his saloon car collided head-on with a Toyota Land Cruiser that was heading towards Nyeri.
Three tourists in the Cruiser were injured and admitted at Nyahururu County Referral Hospital. Njiru represented Kenya at the 2018 Africa senior athletics championships in Asaba, Nigeria in men’s 3000m steeplechase.
Nyandarua North police boss Timon Odingo confirmed the incident saying that the athlete officer lost control of his car when he reached Equator area and his car rammed into the land cruiser.
- Former Manchester United goalkeeper deadFootball 9 hours ago
- Strathmore focused on graduating to Kenya Cup leagueRugby 21 hours ago
- Dortmund's 'Yellow Wall': The gigantic monster lying in wait for PSGFootball 1 day ago
- Malian International Moussa Marega subtitutes himself after racist chantsFootball 11 hours ago
- MVP award named after Kobe BryantBasketball 10 hours ago
- GOLF: Lande paints Machakos red with winGolf 20 hours ago
- 'Nothing to lose' Lazio topple Inter to go second behind JuventusFootball 12 hours ago