Sergio Aguero and John Stones to miss Arsenal vs Man City through injury
Sergio Aguero and John Stones will miss Manchester City's trip to Arsenal on Sunday.
Aguero has missed City's last five games with a thigh problem, while Stones, who is also suffering from a similar injury, will not make the trip to the Emirates.
Pep Guardiola revealed both players will be absent this weekend, while playmaker David Silva, who has not trained for the past two days, is a doubt after suffering an impact injury.
On Stones, Guardiola said: “No, he’s got a muscular injury, I don’t know when he's coming back. Still he doesn't train with everyone. Sergio still hasn’t trained with the team.
“David Silva's not fit, yesterday and today he couldn’t train, but we’ll see tomorrow. It was a kick on the leg that was painful, not a big issue.”
Guardiola also denied there is a break clause in his contract that will allow him to leave at the end of this season if he decides he wants out.
The Spaniard signed a contract last year keeping him at the Etihad Stadium until 2021, but reports had suggested that the deal included an option allowing Guardiola to depart 12 months early.
“Not it's not true,” said Guardiola. “I spoke about that one week ago, about my intentions for the club.”
Guardiola will be hoping to get back to winning ways on the domestic front after losing to rivals Manchester United in last weekend's derby. The champions are already 14 points behind leaders Liverpool after four defeats this term.
Guardiola's assistant coach Mikel Arteta has been linked with the managerless Gunners ahead of the game.
The Spaniard could be a contender to succeed Unai Emery at his former club, having also been linked with a return to the Emirates Stadium when Arsene Wenger left last year.
- FIBA AfroBasket qualifiers: Brave Somalia gives Kenyans real scareBasketball 2 days ago
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 1 day ago
- Solskjaer -Rashford set to miss Liverpool clashPremier League 2 days ago
- Premier League refs told to use monitors for red cardsPremier League 2 days ago
- Impala seeking redemption against Oilers in crucial tieRugby 2 days ago
- Fireworks as regional teams fight for places in qualifiersBasketball 2 days ago
- AK: Dopers have nowhere to hideAthletics 1 day ago