Coach Omino demands more from Kisumu All Stars after first league win
Kisumu All Stars coach Henry Omino is determined to build on their first league win of the season and move out of the relegation zone they have occupied since their return to the Kenya Premier League.
The Blue Eagles edged out a fading Kariobangi Sharks 1-0 at Moi Stadium last weekend to end their eight match winless run in the premier league, a result that saw them move up to 16th in the standings with six points from nine matches.
And after the win, Omino credited the win to their sponsors, County Government of Kisumu, for motivating the players with new contracts after they had started the season without pay.
He said the win comes as a new dawn to the club who are looking for a fresh start as they chase to stay afloat in the premier league.
“The contracts played a big role in the players’ motivation and I would like to thank the county for necessitating their salaries. Furthermore, the team has not lost in their last three matches which showed progress,” he said.
However, Omino has now called upon the team to work harder and register more positive results after the international break.
The former Western Stima tactician said their goal is to get out of the bottom half table and climb up into the top ten.
“Every team seeks to finish at a better position in the league and that’s what makes KPL competitive. As a team, we are starting a fresh when we come back from the break with the aim of registering more wins,” he said.
Kisumu will welcome moneybags Wazito on November 20 in one of the 10 midweek KPL fixtures next week after the international break.
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 2 days ago
- Zico dedicates Harambee Stars win to suspended KimanziFootball 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers promise to deliver Olympics slotVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Gritty Thunder strike Ulinzi WarriorsBasketball 2 days ago
- Njoroge seeks back to back winsGolf 2 days ago
- Atletico, Atalanta reach last 16 as Bayern cruise past SpursFootball 2 days ago
- No one wants to face Liverpool in Champions League last 16 - RobertsonFootball 2 days ago