Real Madrid weigh up world-record Sh44 billion move for Mbappe
Real Madrid are weighing up a world-record £343million move for Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe.
Mbappe has been strongly linked with a big-money move in the summer, with Real Madrid and Liverpool among the teams understood to be keen on signing the French World Cup winner.
The French World Cup winner, 20, is believed to be pushing for a dream switch to the Bernabeu having been linked with a move to Spain before he joined PSG from Monaco.
And Le Parisien, as reported by CalcioMercato, claim that Madrid are considering a bid of €400million (£343m) to prise the talented forward away from Paris.
Should the move materialise, it would surpass the current world record transfer fee which was paid by PSG to sign Neymar from Barcelona for £198m in 2017.
Earlier this month, Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane denied trying to unsettle Mbappe as he stays focused on getting the best out of his own squad.
PSG sporting director Leonardo criticised the French coach for making "irritating" and "annoying" comments over Mbappe having a "dream" to one day play for Los Blancos.
Zidane, though, maintained he was not talking out of turn, just repeating what the 20-year-old World Cup winner himself had previously revealed.
"I've said nothing, just what the player said, that his dream was one day to play here. Everyone does what they want," the Real Madrid manager told a press conference.
"I'll not say anything else. I simply said what the player said one day, that his dream would be to wear the Real Madrid jersey.
"I say it again and I would say it every day. I have nothing more to say about Leonardo, I can say whatever I want."
- Wilson Kipsang survives road accident [Photos]Athletics 2 days ago
- Chelsea boss Lampard to move for Zaha in JanuaryGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Top swimmers in East Africa converge in Mombasa todaySwimming 2 days ago
- Paul Pogba ruled out of AZ Alkmaar clashFootball 2 days ago
- Why Simeone can't afford another slip at AtleticoFootball 2 days ago
- Russian champ blasts own sports authorities over banAthletics 2 days ago
- Benitez not keen on Arsenal and Everton jobsPremier League 2 days ago