Real Madrid weigh up world-record Sh44 billion move for Mbappe
Real Madrid are weighing up a world-record £343million move for Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe.
Mbappe has been strongly linked with a big-money move in the summer, with Real Madrid and Liverpool among the teams understood to be keen on signing the French World Cup winner.
The French World Cup winner, 20, is believed to be pushing for a dream switch to the Bernabeu having been linked with a move to Spain before he joined PSG from Monaco.
And Le Parisien, as reported by CalcioMercato, claim that Madrid are considering a bid of €400million (£343m) to prise the talented forward away from Paris.
Should the move materialise, it would surpass the current world record transfer fee which was paid by PSG to sign Neymar from Barcelona for £198m in 2017.
Earlier this month, Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane denied trying to unsettle Mbappe as he stays focused on getting the best out of his own squad.
PSG sporting director Leonardo criticised the French coach for making "irritating" and "annoying" comments over Mbappe having a "dream" to one day play for Los Blancos.
Zidane, though, maintained he was not talking out of turn, just repeating what the 20-year-old World Cup winner himself had previously revealed.
"I've said nothing, just what the player said, that his dream was one day to play here. Everyone does what they want," the Real Madrid manager told a press conference.
"I'll not say anything else. I simply said what the player said one day, that his dream would be to wear the Real Madrid jersey.
"I say it again and I would say it every day. I have nothing more to say about Leonardo, I can say whatever I want."
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 2 days ago
- Impala seeking redemption against Oilers in crucial tieRugby 2 days ago
- Fireworks as regional teams fight for places in qualifiersBasketball 2 days ago
- AK: Dopers have nowhere to hideAthletics 2 days ago
- Kariobangi Sharks to meet Naivas as Confed Cup startsFootball 2 days ago
- Bigwigs clash in KisumuSports 2 days ago
- USIU host Mean Machine in battle for play offsRugby 2 days ago