Wazito FC appoint Melis Medo as new head coach
Kenyan premier league side Wazito FC has announced the appointment of Melis Medo as their new head coach.
The American-Egyptian tactician takes over with immediate effect and will be assisted by Hamisi Mohamed who was on Monday named team’s interim coach.
The club’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Dennis Gicheru through their official website hailed the new coach stating that the club has full confidence in him.
Mr Gicheru added that the management will accord him all the necessary support to ensure that he is successful.
“After careful consideration, we settled on Melis Medo. He is a quality coach and having coached Kenyan Premier League teams before he understands Kenyan football well and we have full confidence in him. We believe that he will do a good job with the team. He will be accorded all the necessary support to ensure that he succeeds here,” Gicheru told wazito-fc.com.
Melis Medo first coaching job was at Mt. Kenya United and after a good run with United, he moved to Sofapaka at the start of the 2018/19 season before returning to the USA.
“I want to thank the club management for believing in me. I will do my best here to ensure that the team is successful. I understand the club’s philosophy and vision and I will work closely with everyone in the team to ensure that we succeed. I am excited about this new challenge and I promise to give my best,” Medo said
- Former England captain Bob Willis dead aged 70Cricket 2 days ago
- BREAKING: Marco Silva sacked as Everton managerPremier League 1 day ago
- Real Madrid chief name price he will pay for Paul PogbaFootball 1 day ago
- Blomqvist claim top spot as cars return to KenyaSports 1 day ago
- Messi eyes more glory after bagging sixth Ballon d’OrFootball 2 days ago
- 'Your eyes burn' - Golfer in mask as smoke shrouds Australian OpenGolf 1 day ago
- Ole Gunnar reveals what Man United’s win over Mourinho's Spurs meant to his teamFootball 13 hours ago