KPA inch closer to winning title
Sharp-shooter Betty Kalanga scored two free throws to steer Kenya Ports Authority to a narrow but deserved 58-57 win over Ugandan giants JKL Dolphines in the ongoing FIBA Zone Five Women Club basketball championship at Taifa Stadium, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Another Kenyan team Equity Bank also won their second match to come closer to retaining the title they won last year at the same venue.
KPA proved that hard work, skills and match strategy was what they needed to win the match and remain in title contention.
The match was a hotly contested affair as the dockers trailed the first two quarters 8-12 and 20-27 before coach Mike Opel reorganised his side.
- What is happening to SportPesa?Football 20 hours ago
- Man United predicted starting line-up vs ChelseaPremier League 18 hours ago
- REVEALED! EPL clubs that can qualify for Champions League after Man City's two-year banFootball 2 days ago
- Mauricio Pochettino and Brendan Rodgers 'top contenders for Man City job' Gossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- FKF Betway Cup: KPL clubs struggle to qualify for round of 16Football 9 hours ago
- Sheffield Wed 0-3 Reading: Kenyan international Timbe shines in ‘Royals’ debutFootball 1 day ago
- Hamilton and Messi beat Eliud Kipchoge to win Laureus World Sportsman of the YearAthletics 9 hours ago