KPA inch closer to winning title
Sharp-shooter Betty Kalanga scored two free throws to steer Kenya Ports Authority to a narrow but deserved 58-57 win over Ugandan giants JKL Dolphines in the ongoing FIBA Zone Five Women Club basketball championship at Taifa Stadium, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Another Kenyan team Equity Bank also won their second match to come closer to retaining the title they won last year at the same venue.
KPA proved that hard work, skills and match strategy was what they needed to win the match and remain in title contention.
The match was a hotly contested affair as the dockers trailed the first two quarters 8-12 and 20-27 before coach Mike Opel reorganised his side.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic confirms departure from LA GalaxyFootball 2 days ago
- Why a rugby field is the safest place for a woman in South Africa – CaptainRugby 2 days ago
- Man who floored McGregor sends message to MayweatherBoxing 2 days ago
- Arsene Wenger gets a new jobFootball 2 days ago
- Revealed: Why Salah will not play against Harambee StarsFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus chief 'flies to London' for talks with Man UnitedGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Man City make formal complaint over referee’s performance in Liverpool lossFootball 2 days ago