Barcelona and Real Madrid will face off on December 18
Barcelona and Real Madrid will face off on December 18, the Spanish Football Federation have confirmed.
The Spanish giants were due to meet in the first Clasico of the season this weekend at Camp Nou.
But the clash has been postponed amid political unrest in Catalunya.
A statement released by the Spanish football federation's competition committee declared: "The Competition Committee of the Royal Spanish Football Federation has agreed today to set for December 18 the date of Barcelona vs Real Madrid.
"The decision of the Competition Committee has come after analyzing in recent days the proposals of both clubs, who agreed on a date of December 18 for the postponed match."
The RFEF (Spanish federation) also took aim at La Liga, who had preferred for the pair to meet on December 4.
They stated that the two great rivals had both "maintained their initial proposal" for their preferred date, despite "numerous reports submitted by La Liga which are not binding."
The recent jailing of nine Catalan political leaders had sparked confrontation within the city last week, and a demonstration rally is subsequently planned for this Sunday - the date the fixture had initially been scheduled for.
La Liga have been against the idea of staging the fixture during midweek, amid worries, it would harm overseas viewing figures.
The original fixture had been set to kick off at 12pm UK time, so as to allow fans in Asia, the United States, and South America to watch the game live.
They could still take legal action in their quest to once more have the date moved.
- Looking at this latest EPL table, do you think Man Utd can displace Arsenal?Football 2 days ago
- Arsenal beaten by Leicester Football 2 days ago
- Rugby: Mwamba return to winning ways as Kabras floor ImpalaRugby 2 days ago
- KPL: Tusker, Ulinzi Stars draw as All Stars fish out SharksFootball 2 days ago
- Basketball: Champs Equity Hawks claw Tangit Sparks in play-off tieBasketball 2 days ago
- Hockey: Lakers hit JKUAT at City ParkHockey 2 days ago
- How Gor Mahia left rivals AFC Leopards sleeping in the denFootball 2 days ago