Mourinho learning German in anticipation of a move to Bundesliga club
Jose Mourinho is in 'regular contact' with Borussia Dortmund - and has reportedly even started learning German in anticipation of a move to the Westfalenstadion.
Mourinho has been out of the dugout since December last year when he was axed by Manchester United after overseeing a dismal start to the campaign at Old Trafford.
The former Chelsea boss is currently working as a pundit with Sky Sports but is keen to return to management and Dortmund are on his radar, according to German outlet Bild.
Current Dortmund boss Lucian Favre is not understood to be in any immediate jeopardy - but the German giants have made an inconsistent start to the campaign and chiefs are looking at the long-term picture.
The chance to challenge Bayern Munich's Bundesliga dominance is something which could appeal to Mourinho, but he would be forced to take a significant drop in wages from the £24million-a-year he pocketed at United.
Dortmund currently sit top of their Champions League group, which contains both Barcelona and Inter Milan, ahead of their trip to the San Siro this evening.
They are fourth in the Bundesliga after eight games having won half of those and drawn a further three, suffering a solitary defeat.
- SportPesa lose Everton betFootball 9 hours ago
- Gor, AFC Leopards squeeze through in Betway CupFootball 1 day ago
- Hamilton and Messi beat Eliud Kipchoge to win Laureus World Sportsman of the YearAthletics 10 hours ago
- Cricket: Coast Gymkhana and Mombasa Simba register mixed resultsCricket 10 hours ago
- What is happening to SportPesa?Football 21 hours ago
- Long layoff makes it tough for Pogba- SolskjaerPremier League 1 day ago
- REVEALED! EPL clubs that can qualify for Champions League after Man City's two-year banFootball 2 days ago