Mourinho learning German in anticipation of a move to Bundesliga club
Jose Mourinho is in 'regular contact' with Borussia Dortmund - and has reportedly even started learning German in anticipation of a move to the Westfalenstadion.
Mourinho has been out of the dugout since December last year when he was axed by Manchester United after overseeing a dismal start to the campaign at Old Trafford.
The former Chelsea boss is currently working as a pundit with Sky Sports but is keen to return to management and Dortmund are on his radar, according to German outlet Bild.
Current Dortmund boss Lucian Favre is not understood to be in any immediate jeopardy - but the German giants have made an inconsistent start to the campaign and chiefs are looking at the long-term picture.
The chance to challenge Bayern Munich's Bundesliga dominance is something which could appeal to Mourinho, but he would be forced to take a significant drop in wages from the £24million-a-year he pocketed at United.
Dortmund currently sit top of their Champions League group, which contains both Barcelona and Inter Milan, ahead of their trip to the San Siro this evening.
They are fourth in the Bundesliga after eight games having won half of those and drawn a further three, suffering a solitary defeat.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic confirms departure from LA GalaxyFootball 2 days ago
- Why a rugby field is the safest place for a woman in South Africa – CaptainRugby 2 days ago
- Man who floored McGregor sends message to MayweatherBoxing 2 days ago
- Arsene Wenger gets a new jobFootball 2 days ago
- Revealed: Why Salah will not play against Harambee StarsFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus chief 'flies to London' for talks with Man UnitedGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Man City make formal complaint over referee’s performance in Liverpool lossFootball 2 days ago