Ceballos says he wants to be at Arsenal and doesn't feel sorry for Madrid
Arsenal signed talented young Spaniard Dani Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid in the summer transfer window
Dani Ceballos says Arsenal is exactly where he wants to be right now in his career and that he doesn't feel sorry for not being at Real Madrid.
The Gunners loaned in the talented young Spaniard in the summer transfer window and he has been a revelation since signing.
Arsenal are keen to make the loan move permanent, but Real Madrid - who have started the season poorly - are unlikely to want to let him go.
Unai Emery's side have until next summer to worry about losing Ceballos, but have received a boost from the man himself, who insists he is very happy playing for the north London club.
"Going to Arsenal has been a very important step in my career," said Ceballos, ahead of Spain's European Championship qualifier against Norway.
"I don't feel sorry for not being in Madrid. Right now I am where I want to be and I am very happy. My idea was to go out, play and enjoy football. In the previous two years I had not done so.
"In this national team there is no one indisputable. I am very happy with the trust that has been placed in me.
"Our goal is to reach the European Championship in the best possible conditions.
"We have a team with a lot of room for improvement. We work side by side to show the level we want in the European Championship."
- Golfers should leave world-record running to Eliud KipchogeGolf 2 days ago
- Tensions rise as typhoon looms over Japan-Scotland showdownRugby 2 days ago
- FIFA bans former top football official Football 2 days ago
- Chevrolet deal set to end due to United's struggles on pitchFootball 2 days ago
- Big screens beaming Kipchoge's attempt live at KICCAthletics 2 days ago
- Nike’s Breaking 2 versus the Ineos 1:59 ChallengeAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge whets North Rift's super Saturday Athletics 2 days ago