Greenwood adds to Man United woes, pulls out of England u-21 squad
Mason Greenwood has pulled out of the England Under-21 squad through injury.
Greenwood, 18, appeared as a substitute in Manchester United's disappointing defeat to Newcastle on Sunday.
He was due to join up with Aidy Boothroyd's squad for the Young Lions' upcoming matches but has now been forced out.
Greenwood is said to be struggling with a back problem and is one of three players to pull out.
His injury adds to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's woes with the United boss under increasing pressure following the defeat to Newcastle.
United were already without Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Luke Shaw and Aaron Wan-Bissaka for the defeat at Newcastle.
Victor Lindelof was also missing from the squad after picking up a knock in the Europa League draw with AZ Alkmaar.
The 1-0 setback made it 11 away games without a win, after another particularly turgid performance.
United sit 12th in the Premier League, five points off the top four and 15 behind Liverpool at the top.
Next up for the Red Devils is the visit of the league leaders after the international break.
A defeat to Jurgen Klopp's side at Old Trafford could see United drop into the relegation zone.
Arsenal youngster Reiss Nelson and Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White have also been forced out.
They have been replaced by Swansea duo Sam Surridge and Ben Wilmot for the European qualifiers against Turkey and Kosovo.
- Aguero and Stones to miss Arsenal Vs Man City clash through injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Guardiola denies Man City break clausePremier League 2 days ago
- Okwiri thirsts for title defence Boxing 1 day ago
- NSL: Stakes high ahead of City Stars, Black Stars matchSports 1 day ago
- RUGBY: MMUST seek redemption as Strathmore eye top spotRugby 1 day ago
- Solskjaer backs resurgent Man Utd to battle for top fourPremier League 2 days ago
- SWIMMING : Bandari rule national championshipsSports 1 day ago