Greenwood adds to Man United woes, pulls out of England u-21 squad
Mason Greenwood has pulled out of the England Under-21 squad through injury.
Greenwood, 18, appeared as a substitute in Manchester United's disappointing defeat to Newcastle on Sunday.
He was due to join up with Aidy Boothroyd's squad for the Young Lions' upcoming matches but has now been forced out.
Greenwood is said to be struggling with a back problem and is one of three players to pull out.
His injury adds to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's woes with the United boss under increasing pressure following the defeat to Newcastle.
United were already without Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Luke Shaw and Aaron Wan-Bissaka for the defeat at Newcastle.
Victor Lindelof was also missing from the squad after picking up a knock in the Europa League draw with AZ Alkmaar.
The 1-0 setback made it 11 away games without a win, after another particularly turgid performance.
United sit 12th in the Premier League, five points off the top four and 15 behind Liverpool at the top.
Next up for the Red Devils is the visit of the league leaders after the international break.
A defeat to Jurgen Klopp's side at Old Trafford could see United drop into the relegation zone.
Arsenal youngster Reiss Nelson and Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White have also been forced out.
They have been replaced by Swansea duo Sam Surridge and Ben Wilmot for the European qualifiers against Turkey and Kosovo.
- Golfers should leave world-record running to Eliud KipchogeGolf 2 days ago
- Tensions rise as typhoon looms over Japan-Scotland showdownRugby 2 days ago
- FIFA bans former top football official Football 2 days ago
- Chevrolet deal set to end due to United's struggles on pitchFootball 2 days ago
- Big screens beaming Kipchoge's attempt live at KICCAthletics 2 days ago
- Nike’s Breaking 2 versus the Ineos 1:59 ChallengeAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge whets North Rift's super Saturday Athletics 2 days ago