Man United boss Ole Gunnar has reportedly spoken about his future as he faces sack

By Mirror: Tuesday, October 8th 2019 at 10:55 GMT +3 | Football
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reacts (Image: REUTERS)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reportedly warned his Manchester United players he faces the sack if their slump continues.

United's disappointing campaign hit a new low on Sunday as they were beaten 1-0 at Newcastle , leaving them 12th in the Premier League.

Mirror Sport revealed Solskjaer is fighting to save his job and losing the confidence of those in charge at Old Trafford.

Ed Woodward is understood to be losing patience with the poor run of form, with United winning just two Premier League matches so far this season.

And it appears Solskjaer told his players his job is on the line in the aftermath of the defeat to Newcastle.

The Sun claims Solskjaer ripped into his squad after the defeat at Newcastle, which extended their winless away run to 11 matches.

Get the latest sports news updates. Subscribe to our SMS sports service by texting 'SPORTS' to 22840.

And the Norwegian boss is said to have warned them his job is now unsafe, with a heavy defeat to Liverpool after the international break possibly the final straw.

He also reportedly told the players their own futures are unclear if they don't improve, with a new manager likely to move them on.

Solskjaer admitted after the defeat to Newcastle that United now face a battle to make the top six.

"This game is very symptomatic of where we are. We don’t create enough chances to deserve to win a game of football," he said.

"I've got to say sorry to the fans because we're not winning games, but that's down to us starting a rebuild.

"Now we have given ourselves a tough task of making the top six, never mind the top four. We need results straight away to get momentum."

For More of This and Other Sports Stories Subscribe to the Standard Epaper

LATEST STORIES
POPULAR HEADLINES