FKF to discuss its electoral code on Saturday
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) will discuss its electoral code at Saturday’s general meeting.
This is after attempts to stop discussions on the same were thwarted by the Sports Dispute Tribunal (SDT) on Friday.
A member of the Nyamira sub-branch Jared Nyauma and four others had attempted to stop discussions on the code claiming it did not go through stakeholder’s participation and was too strict.
However, in his ruling SDT chairman John Ohaga said the appellants had not exhausted all mechanisms within FKF before going to the tribunal.
“Furthermore, those who are before the tribunal have representatives at the AGM and if they are aggrieved, they should inform their representatives,” he said.
Ohaga further said the tribunal has no powers to uproot to change laws of the federation.
Saturday’s general meeting will seek to adopt a tough electoral code which raises the standards for those running for elective posts.
Former FKF Secretary-General Michael Esakwa was also at the tribunal to show support to those opposing the code.
- Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic headed to Liverpool?Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Arsenal’s Europa League opponents forbidden from selling tickets to their fansFootball 2 days ago
- Pochettino fumes at Tottenham's failure to sign Philippe Coutinho Premier League 2 days ago
- How van Nistelrooy 'made Ronaldo cry' at Man United after father’s deathFootball 2 days ago
- England squad back jeered Gomez, says ChilwellFootball 2 days ago
- Granit Xhaka set to leave Arsenal in January, destination revealedFootball 2 days ago
- Amina reassures government commitment to support sports developmentSports 2 days ago