FKF to discuss its electoral code on Saturday
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) will discuss its electoral code at Saturday’s general meeting.
This is after attempts to stop discussions on the same were thwarted by the Sports Dispute Tribunal (SDT) on Friday.
A member of the Nyamira sub-branch Jared Nyauma and four others had attempted to stop discussions on the code claiming it did not go through stakeholder’s participation and was too strict.
However, in his ruling SDT chairman John Ohaga said the appellants had not exhausted all mechanisms within FKF before going to the tribunal.
“Furthermore, those who are before the tribunal have representatives at the AGM and if they are aggrieved, they should inform their representatives,” he said.
Ohaga further said the tribunal has no powers to uproot to change laws of the federation.
Saturday’s general meeting will seek to adopt a tough electoral code which raises the standards for those running for elective posts.
Former FKF Secretary-General Michael Esakwa was also at the tribunal to show support to those opposing the code.
- Christian Mbulu dead: Morecambe defender dies at age of 23Football 2 days ago
- Tyson Fury claims he has accepted offer to fight Mike TysonBoxing 2 days ago
- Mwamba RFC announce new kit partnership with Samurai [PHOTOS]Rugby 1 day ago
- Virtual athletics: Cheruiyot to take on Norwegian brothers on June 11Athletics 2 days ago
- Blackburn star, two Fulham players test positive for COVID-19Football 1 day ago
- Premier League to restart on June 17 Premier League 1 day ago
- David Luiz’s time at Arsenal coming to an end?Football 1 day ago