De Bruyne sidelined by groin injury
Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne will miss Tuesday's Champions League clash with Dinamo Zagreb with a groin injury that could also see him miss Sunday's Premier League meeting with Wolves.
The Belgian has been in sensational form for the English champions, scoring twice and providing nine assists in just nine appearances this season.
"Kevin De Bruyne suffered a groin injury in the win over Everton and will miss tonight’s game against Dinamo Zagreb," City said in a statement on Tuesday.
"The extent of his layoff depends on how well he responds to the rehabilitation programme overseen by the Club’s medical staff."
De Bruyne missed the majority of last season due to two serious knee injuries.
However, this latest setback is not expected to keep him out for long.
After Wolves' visit to the Etihad on Sunday, City have a two-week layoff for an international break before travelling to Crystal Palace on October 19.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic confirms departure from LA GalaxyFootball 2 days ago
- Why a rugby field is the safest place for a woman in South Africa – CaptainRugby 2 days ago
- Man who floored McGregor sends message to MayweatherBoxing 2 days ago
- Arsene Wenger gets a new jobFootball 2 days ago
- Revealed: Why Salah will not play against Harambee StarsFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus chief 'flies to London' for talks with Man UnitedGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Man City make formal complaint over referee’s performance in Liverpool lossFootball 2 days ago