Rajput and Duncan headline Chloride Exide Hill Climb
After securing his Kenya National Autocross title for the second running last weekend, Yuvraj Rajput is the latest champion to join the newly expanded Chloride Exide Hill Climb Competition set for Bambino Class this weekend.
Entries for the 2019 hill climb was expanded to 24 drivers and Rajput will be joined by Wayne Fernandez who sealed his 2019 championship title in the Quad class.
The list includes the VW Polo R5 Rally Car, which will be making its Africa Hill climb Debut with Onkar Rai and Ian Duncan who is a multiple winner of numerous awards in motorsport activities ranging from motocross, sprint events, autocross and major rounds of the Kenya National Rally Championship.
Other big names include Frank Tundo, Shivam Vinayak and Tim Jessop among others. Vinayak is multiple Motocross champion.
Speaking to the Standard Sports, event director Daven Jadeja said they have improved the venues for spectator viewing with facilities for food, beverages and public system and times will be available in real time on all smart devices.
“Powerlast Hill Climb has everything it takes to create a glamorous national sports event grounded on speed, skills, stuntman-ship, and a lot of nail-biting adventure. The three-kilometre stretch has been graded to make sure competitors are able to achieve the highest speeds to try and set the quickest time on the uphill stretch,” he said.
The stretch starts from the bottom of the hill at 1900 metres to the top at 2200 metres. Malewa Bay, at Moi North Lake road in Naivasha, will host the competition.
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 2 days ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 2 days ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 2 days ago