Rajput and Duncan headline Chloride Exide Hill Climb
After securing his Kenya National Autocross title for the second running last weekend, Yuvraj Rajput is the latest champion to join the newly expanded Chloride Exide Hill Climb Competition set for Bambino Class this weekend.
Entries for the 2019 hill climb was expanded to 24 drivers and Rajput will be joined by Wayne Fernandez who sealed his 2019 championship title in the Quad class.
The list includes the VW Polo R5 Rally Car, which will be making its Africa Hill climb Debut with Onkar Rai and Ian Duncan who is a multiple winner of numerous awards in motorsport activities ranging from motocross, sprint events, autocross and major rounds of the Kenya National Rally Championship.
Other big names include Frank Tundo, Shivam Vinayak and Tim Jessop among others. Vinayak is multiple Motocross champion.
Speaking to the Standard Sports, event director Daven Jadeja said they have improved the venues for spectator viewing with facilities for food, beverages and public system and times will be available in real time on all smart devices.
“Powerlast Hill Climb has everything it takes to create a glamorous national sports event grounded on speed, skills, stuntman-ship, and a lot of nail-biting adventure. The three-kilometre stretch has been graded to make sure competitors are able to achieve the highest speeds to try and set the quickest time on the uphill stretch,” he said.
The stretch starts from the bottom of the hill at 1900 metres to the top at 2200 metres. Malewa Bay, at Moi North Lake road in Naivasha, will host the competition.
- Leipzig move into third spot with 4-2 win at CologneFootball 1 day ago
- Motorsport: WIM Kenya to support young racersSports 2 days ago
- Kahata explains the difficulties he faced while trying to return to Tanzania for the league resumptionFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League clubs can play friendlies before season restart - reportsFootball 1 day ago
- What’s next for Premier League Project Restart?Premier League -1 years ago
- Five Barcelona players 'tested positive for COVID-19' - but club kept results hiddenGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Top Man United target leaves fans guessing about next club with cyptic tweetFootball 2 days ago