Mariga wins Kenya Pipeline Company tourney
Home lady golfer Mary Mariga posted an excellent score of 43 stableford points to emerge the overall winner of the 2019 Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) golf tournament at the par 71 Sea Link Mombasa Golf course, on Saturday.
The handicap 19 golfer’s victory came after levelling eight level pars with a balanced eight bogey shots against two double bogey shots at the par four-first and par four-sixth holes in both nines.
“This was a very challenging course but I was focused and played according to plan; that’s why I achieved the desired results,” said Mariga
For her triumph, Mariga received an Air Rwanda return air ticket to attend the Oceans (Team Coast) golf tournament at Kigali golf course on September 26.
Club mates handicap 21 Paul Kinyanjui carded 40 points to win the Men winner’s prize, while handicap 16 Japheth Obonyo, who had 39 points, was the men’s runner-up.
Leisure Club’s handicap 10 Alan Habala on a countback score of 38 points, was placed third.
Little-known Christine Kinyeru, playing off handicap 31, was the lady winner on a score of 40 points, while Nyali’s Joyce Masai, on 36 points, was the lady runner-up.
Nyali’s school boy handicap 5 Andrew Wahome was the best Junior with 32 points while Muthaiga’s handicap 24 Duncan Ndegwa posted 37 points to claim the best Senior prize. M. Mwangera, on 34 points, won the best guest prize. Kenya Pipe line Company (KPC) sponsored the day-long 18-hole stableford tournament that attracted 100 golfers from the home club, Leisure, Nyali, Vipingo, Malindi, staff and guests.
KPC’s Corporate Communications Officer Kasujaa Onyonyi thanked the golfers for taking part in the tournament.
- Chelsea cleared to make signings in January transfer windowFootball 2 days ago
- Ole Gunnar reveals what Man United’s win over Mourinho's Spurs meant to his teamFootball 2 days ago
- Rodgers sign new Leicester deal to end speculation over Arsenal jobFootball 2 days ago
- Man Utd announce tie-up deal with Alibaba GroupFootball 2 days ago
- Russia braces for four-year Olympic ban over doping scandalSports 2 days ago
- Why Kenya’s Crouch fears Algerian star BounedjahSports 2 days ago
- Sports Golf-Standard County Golf Classic lands at Limuru Course this morning Golf 2 days ago