Emery: Arsenal summer spending spree over!
Arsenal coach Unai Emery has sent a worrying message to the club’s fans after his latest comments on transfers.
The Gunners’ business seemed to be on track after they splashed the cash to land top prospects in the world of football, taking the gloom off the fans’ faces for a while.
The North Londoners started slow this summer with a £6 Million arrival of young Brazilian Gabriel Martinelli but stepped up with high profile arrivals of William Saliba, Dani Ceballos, and Record-breaking Nicholas Pepe.
The quick spree took their expenditure to a high £105million despite reports claiming they only had £40 million to spend.
But if Emery’s latest comments on transfers are anything to go by, their summer spending could be OVER.
Despite high spending, the Spaniard is under pressure to mend his leaky defence but his response could break many hearts at the Emirates.
He says Arsenal will only bring in more players if they are a serious upgrade on his existing options despite the club being linked with moves for Celtic's Kieran Tierney and Juventus' Daniele Rugani.
"It has not changed, our idea and our message.
"Only if we can sign a player who really, really can improve our squad, then we are going to do that,” he said after Arsenal's 2-1 defeat to Barcelona at the Nou Camp in their last match of pre-season.
- Barcelona predict billion euro income this seasonFootball 1 day ago
- Deaflympics: Kenya team continue good performancesAthletics 1 day ago
- Players' union wants matches postponed in extreme heatFootball 10 hours ago
- Brugge and Galatasaray ends goallessFootball 1 day ago
- FKF announces dates for electionsFootball 1 day ago
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 2 days ago
- Barcelona starlet Fati granted Spanish citizenshipFootball 23 minutes ago