Stakeholders Applaud Odibets 35,000 Kit Sponsorship Initiative
The maiden edition of Odibets 35,000 sports kits sponsorship campaign has received recommendations from both non-sports and sports stakeholders in the country.
The most recent kitting event was organized by veteran Kenyan international sports player Allan Wanga in partnership with Odibets to commemorate his retirement from international football as he shifts his focus to growing sports at the grassroots.
Speaking on the success of the Diaspora 7 Aside football tournament, former Harambee Stars striker Allan Wanga spoke about giving youth a chance in Football and also touched on his international retirement.
“You need to pave way for the younger generation, young talents that are also in the industry.
“I think my time was up, so that is why I decided to retire internationally and give a chance to young players who are upcoming and also looking forward to playing for the national team.
“There is a lot of talent on the ground and I think that is why we came up with this idea. We play with them to give them the confidence and also let them know that they can make it in terms of football,” said Wanga.
Other stakeholders who came to support the tournament included Zesco United’s Jesse Were and Anthony Akumu who interacted freely with the youth at the event.
Speaking at the event, Odibets Marketing manager, Aggrey Said: “As we spread our tentacles in all corners of the country with our 35,000 kits initiative, we intend to explore other mutually beneficial partnerships with stakeholders who value sports. We plan to extend these initiatives to other cities like Kisumu, Kakamega, Kericho, Narok and many others.”
“It is a core belief of Odibets to contribute in the development of sports and youth activities in the environments we operate and that’s why we sponsored Mathare United when we launched,” said Daniel Macharia, Odibets Head of Bookmaking.
The stars awarded winners with cash rewards, kits and advice.
- Neymar sent off as shaky PSG beat BordeauxFootball 2 days ago
- Volleyball: Captain Kasisi eyes Olympic Games slotVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Ighalo kicked off university pitch after students fail to recognise himGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Antoine Griezmann goal rescues Barcelona at NapoliFootball 19 hours ago
- UEFA Champions League preview by ChezaCashFootball 2 days ago
- Deontay Wilder says his huge ring walk costume contributed to his defeatBoxing 1 day ago
- Athletics: Chumba eyes glory in TokyoAthletics 20 hours ago