Man Utd's Paulo Dybala transfer 'hijacked' as Juventus offered fresh swap deal
Inter Milan are reportedly hijacking Manchester United's move for Paulo Dybala - with a swap bid involving Mauro Icardi.
United are in talks with Juventus over a deal for Dybala, which would potentially see Romelu Lukaku move in the opposite direction.
While Lukaku is keen to make the move to Turin, Dybala is yet to be convinced over joining United and dropping into the Europa League.
The Argentine is likely to be the final piece in the jigsaw but reports in Italy suggest Inter are considering making a late move for a swap deal of their own.
Inter had been leading the chase for Lukaku with Antonio Conte making the Belgian his No.1 target.
But Inter were reluctant to go above £58m and CEO Giuseppe Marotta hit out at United for pricing them out of a deal.
The Serie A side are said to be 'annoyed' that Juve have pulled ahead of them but Marotta is ready to try and counter the move.
Corriere dello Sport reports Marotta has launched a charm offensive and has sent messages to Dybala in a bid to convince him to join Inter.
And Inter could try to end the Lukaku exchange by offering wantaway striker Icardi to Juventus in return.
Icardi has been told to find a new club by Antonio Conte with Roma and Napoli both interested.
Dybala is set to hold further talks with Juve boss Maurizio Sarri today to discuss his future and while United remain in pole position, Inter could be about to pounce.
- Hunt for playoff spots startsBasketball 2 days ago
- Sharks prey on Leopards at Kasarani as Tusker host Mathare UnitedFootball 2 days ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 1 day ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on plans to marry girlfriend Georgina RodriguezGossip & Rumours 4 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Rugby legend reveals he’s living with HIVRugby 8 hours ago
- Kenya on brink of Davis Cup promotion Tennis 2 days ago
- Lionel Messi returns to full Barcelona trainingFootball 3 hours ago