Shock as kids empty their parents’ bank account trying to buy Messi on FIFA 19
Four children reportedly milked their parents’ bank account dry in an attempt to unlock Lionel Messi on FIFA 19.
According to the Sun, the four are said to have embarked on a mission to bring Messi home after their father bought them a one player package on the game.
The children decided to spend the Ksh 71,113 on their father’s bank card without asking for permission from him.
It is reported that Mr Thomas Carter and his wife only learned of the children’s deed after their card was declined at a local store because their account didn’t have any money.
"I just never thought [the children] would do it," Carter told the BBC.
The FIFA games are designed in such a way that users can purchase packages on the game using credit cards to improve their squads.
However, they can only find out what is in the pack after the payments are confirmed, making it look like a form of gambling.
Displeased Carter branded FIFA’s way of buying packages as “unethical” and the one which encourages users to gamble on the buys.
Following the incident, the manufacturing company Nintendo agreed to refund all the money and remove all the purchased players from the children’s squads.
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on plans to marry girlfriend Georgina RodriguezGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Arsenal fans, will you accept this defender's heartfelt apology? Football 1 day ago
- Kenya confident as inaugural Africa fiesta kicks offAthletics 1 day ago
- Neymar gets lucky ahead of Real Madrid clash, Champions League ban reducedFootball 12 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo breaks down in tears during TV interview after seeing late dad Football 1 day ago
- Blow for Kenya as Manangoi is ruled out of Doha WorldsAthletics 1 day ago
- Man United worries disappear after De Gea signs new contractFootball 15 hours ago