Walcott, Gomes included as star-studded Everton lands at JKIA for Kariobangi Sharks tie
English Premier League Giants Everton have landed at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) ahead of their first pre-season friendly match against Kenya Premier League side Kariobangi Sharks.
The plane carrying the Toffees arrived this morning at around 9:20 East African time.
Kenyans will get a chance to see their Premier League heroes after Everton picked a strong squad for the beginning of the pre-season tour.
The 22-man squad includes: Maarten Stekelenburg, Jonas Lossl, Mason Holgate, Lewis Gibson, Morgan Schneiderlin, Dennis Adeniran, Tom Davies, Theo Walcott, Ademola Lookman, Leighton Baines, Andre Gomes, Oumar Niasse, Ryan Astley, Callum Connolly, Morgan Feeney, Antonee Robinson, Beni Baningime, Joe Williams, Nathan, Broadhead, Fraser Hornby, Josh Bowler and Nathangelo Markelo.
Everton play Sharks on Sunday at the 60,000 capacity Moi Sports Centre Kasarani at 4 pm East African Time.
The encounter will see Sharks become the first Kenyan Side to host Everton on Kenyan soil.
The fixture will mark Toffees’ second visit to East Africa after they beat record Kenyan champions Gor Mahia 2-1 in the inaugural SportPesa Trophy final in Dar es Salaam two years ago.
However, this is not the first of the Everton delegation to land on Kenyan soil as Legends Stephen Pienaar and Leon Osman arrived on July 3, 2019, as part of Sportpesa’s Kits for Africa initiative.
The pair, on Wednesday, warmed the hearts of Kenyan fans during a Kit donation exercise at Kariobangi Community Grounds and will be at the stadium on Sunday to watch their former side take on the Kenyan Cup Champions.
The match will be aired live on KTN News.
- Brigid Kosgei wins Chicago Marathon breaking Radcliffe's record as Cherono wins men's raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Angry Farah hits back at critics in Salazar doping rowAthletics 2 days ago
- Mozambique 1-0 Kenya: Mambas bite Stars in friendly at KasaraniFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Lionesses hunt down, bag 2020 Olympic Games slotRugby 2 days ago
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 1 day ago