Mohamed Salah rejects £150million Liverpool exit - but will review situation next summer
Mo Salah has rejected a shock move away from Anfield following Liverpool's Champions League triumph.
However, the Egyptian king has put club top brass on red alert by declaring that he will review his situation next summer.
Both Real Madrid and Juventus were lining up record-breaking £150million offers for Salah, who has become a real favourite of The Kop.
Mirror Sport can reveal that the turbo-charged forward, who has scored 71 goals in just 104 games for Jurgen Klopp’s side, had been tempted by the prospect of joining the Real Madrid Galacticos and a return to Italy where he played for Roma.
But after helping Liverpool win the Champions League and being feted as an Anfield hero, he feels the timing is wrong to leave Merseyside.
Manager Klopp was aware of the interest and has been involved in discussions with the club’s hierarchy over the threat of the 26-year-old’s possible departure.
There have also been enquiries from leading continental clubs for Salah’s strike partner Sadio Mane.
But like Salah, the Senegalese international has told Liverpool that he is happy to stay.
Both players are now focused on attempting to end what will now be a 30-year wait to win the League championship.
Salah though has indicated that he will review his situation next summer as he looks for one big final payday.
But for now, he is staying put to the delight of Klopp and the Liverpool owners, to lead the club's push for a Premier League title.
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 2 days ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 2 days ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 2 days ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 2 days ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 2 days ago
- Ireland must frustrate the hell out of All Blacks, says D'ArcyRugby 2 days ago