Zameer Verjee set to raise dust at KCB National Autocross round 5
Series leader Zameer Verjee hopes to maintain his dogged campaign in search of a maiden Two Wheel Drive Non-Turbo title at Jamhuri racetrack during the forthcoming KCB KMSC National Autocross 5 race.
The Studio A-Z driver registered his third win of the season at same venue bolstering his chances of the coveted title currently held by Safina Khan.
Now, the Nairobi based Rage Buggy driver is looking to improve his tally at halfway stage.
And Zameer is excited about the 2WT challenge, “I can’t wait to get into the Rage and out onto a track again.
Last season was a huge learning curve as it was my first time in the Rage towards the end of the season when I moved on from 2WDT, but I know this year will be just as challenging racing with the opponents. I am excited about Jamhuri Park, and hopefully, we can enjoy another fast and technical race.”
He added "The season has been good. I have won all the races apart from one. As such, there are no teething issues as we have come to grips with the car. I haven't spent much time practising due to pressing work commitments, however, I am about 80 per cent in control of the car."
When asked about the condition of the Rage, Zameer went on “It’s going to look great and most importantly be great to drive. The team knows how to put a car together, and I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to work with throughout the season,”
“I have to say a huge thank you to my sponsors Studio A-Z, for enabling me to race this season."
Zameer is leading the Two Wheel drive Turbo class by a 13 points margin ahead of Sahir "Sarry" Mughal who hopes he can manage to close the gap in the upcoming round.
The 2WDNT also has Sameer Nanji and Rajveer Thethy among others.
KCB Bank are the title sponsors of the 10 leg championship.
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 2 days ago
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 1 day ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 20 hours ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 20 hours ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 20 hours ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursAthletics 17 hours ago