Two fans injured in Baku before Europa League final
Two fans have been injured in Baku ahead of the Europa League final between Arsenal and Chelsea, Azerbaijani authorities have confirmed.
It is unclear whether the confrontations were between rival fans or between travelling supporters and locals in the capital.
Most reports in the lead-up to the match have suggested Arsenal and Chelsea fans have been mixing happily after both sides sent back a large proportion of their ticket allocation.
Supporters milled around Baku's fan park on the picturesque shores of the Caspian Sea, with fans of both clubs flocking in from all around the globe.
A lack of direct flights from the UK left many Chelsea and Arsenal supporters to give up the ghost, but those hardy souls who did travel had to dig deep for both money and time.
European bosses UEFA had selected Baku to host this final almost two years ago, and circumstances have quickly conspired in the last month to send two London clubs into the final.
Many Chelsea and Arsenal fans felt priced out of attending, with no direct flights and tricky travel routes to Baku.
Some fans spent more than £900 each on flights, making two stops en route to Baku.
Arsenal will secure a place in next season's Champions League with victory, while Chelsea are already assured of their spot at Europe's top table next season after finishing third in the Premier League.
The Blues are bidding for a second Europa League crown after tasting glory in 2013, while it would represent Arsenal's first European trophy since the 1994 Cup Winners' Cup.
- Athletes set for Kabarak Half MarathonAthletics 2 days ago
- New 7s team coach Feeney promises to turn around Shujaa fortunes Rugby 2 days ago
- Rugby-fans allowed to bring food after shortages in World Cup stadiumsRugby 39 minutes ago
- Wambui and Kageha out of Kenya team to world meetAthletics 2 days ago
- Rugby World Cup kicks off with outstanding opening ceremony [Photos]Rugby 2 days ago
- Formula One: Kenyans set to win F1 tripSports 2 days ago
- Arsenal fans take boasting to another level after 3-2 comeback win over VillaFootball 11 minutes ago