Liverpool encounter problems parking the bus as team coach gets STUCK in tunnel
The Liverpool team bus encountered problems on Wednesday after getting stuck in a tunnel underneath Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano stadium.
Jurgen Klopp's side are preparing for their mouthwatering Champions League final against Premier League rivals Tottenham this weekend.
The team bus was seen at the Madrid venue but somehow managed to get stuck, with footage circulating on social media showing the unusual incident.
It's unclear how the bus became trapped, although there are suggestions it became stuck on a ramp in the tunnel.
Chris Chambers, the editor for Capital Liverpool news, posted the footage online before revealing the bus was able to continue its journey.
Meanwhile, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes he is taking the best team he has ever managed into the Champions League final - but knows quality does not guarantee success.
Of the seven finals Klopp has contested he has lost his last six and while he rated his Borussia Dortmund team defeated by Bayern Munich in the 2013 Champions League final as his best, the current Reds side surpass them.
And he admits beating Tottenham in Madrid on Saturday would be a new career-high for him.
"I don't like to blame my other teams. I love them all," said Klopp.
"They all gave everything but I have never been part of a final with a better team than this.
"In different times, for different reasons, my teams were good as well. I am not so surprised because our boys mix our potential with attitude in the best way I have witnessed. That is brilliant.
"In the five-six days between Barcelona (losing the semi-final first leg 3-0) and Barcelona (the second leg, winning 4-0), nobody believed more than the team themselves.
"That is why we are here. It is a sensational situation. We wanted it really desperately.
"It looked like it slipped through our fingers in the group stage, we struggled in the away games (losing all three) but did it in the most mature way, winning 1-0 against an Italian team (Napoli).
"You have to remind yourself from time to time how strong my time is."
- London Marathon 2019 embroiled in sexism row over finisher t-shirtsAthletics 2 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 2 weeks ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 week ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 week ago
- Touch of class: Arsenal star Mesut Ozil rewards Kenyan boy for second timeFootball 1 month ago
- KCB Masters offer more lessons to Kenyan prosGolf 2 weeks ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 2 weeks ago