Four Man United superstars wanted out of Old Trafford- Identified by Ole Gunnar
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has identified the players he wants out of Manchester United this summer as he begins his overhaul of the squad.
Solskjaer has told United executive vice-chairman the players he feels the club need to offload, to free up space for new singings to improve the squad.
Ander Herrera and Antonio Valencia have already left, with Matteo Darmian, Marcos Rojo, Juan Mata and Romelu Lukaku all likely to join them in exiting this summer.
Lukaku, who joined United from Everton for £75million two years ago, is wanted by Inter Milan, who are close to appointing former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte.
Belgium forward Lukaku started only 15 of 29 games under Solskjaer last season and admitted last month he did not know if he would be at United next season.
Conte tried to sign Lukaku when he was at Chelsea, but the striker decided to join United, to be reunited with his former boss Jose Mourinho, whom he played under at Stamford Bridge.
Mata is set to follow Spain compatriot Herrera in leaving United as a free agent this summer, after five-and-a-half years, having failed to agree a contract extension with the club.
With United intent on making a marquee central defensive signing this summer, injury-prone Rojo, who played just six games last season, will be offloaded to accommodate the new arrival.
Darmian is also on his way out, having made just seven appearances last season, including a shock start in United's 2-0 derby defeat to local rivals Manchester City at Old Trafford in April.
Solskjaer is looking to purge his squad and clear out much of the dead wood, with the United boss hopeful of signing four of five players before the squad return for pre-season training on July 1.
Among Solskjaer's targets are Leicester's Harry Maguire, Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly, Crystal Palace's Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Swansea's Daniel James and prolific Lille striker Nicolas Pepe.
Solskjaer is also keen on Borussia Dortmund's £100m-rated England forward Jadon Sancho, but United's failure to qualify for the Champions League looks to have scuppered any hope of that deal.
Also on United's radar are PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot, who will be available for free this summer, and West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice, who would cost around £50m.
- 10 football stars who have dated the same womenFootball 2 months ago
- Man United fans sweating after 'famous Mino Raiola's' reported comebackFootball 1 week ago
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 2 months ago
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 1 month ago
- Man City star spotted in night club at 3:30 am - hours before Premier League match [Photos]Premier League 2 months ago
- Toure and Sterling blast Juventus over Kean abuseFootball 2 months ago
- TRANSFER: Arsenal agree terms with world class defender Football 2 days ago